Bimblik

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

A Big Step For A Mother Freak
The children had moved to their own bedroom...maybe it is a good age where they can have their own room. They are so excited because they feel more freedom to do things they want to do and having a sanctuary of their own.

When they moved, I felt a bit of sadness as if they are moving to their own home. I felt that suddenly they have grown up from toddlers to 'kids'. They will have more freedom of choice and what to do in their own room. Their bedroom is only a few steps away from ours but it feels like miles and miles away from our home. I felt like it is a big step for me and my children. Geez! I am over reacting too much! I should not be like this and let my children grow, let my children discover life and let my children have a bit of freedom for one day, they will lead their own lives and I should let them go.

I am a mother who freaks. Yes, call me strange and tell me I am frightened. Mothers are so protective, love to hold their young, want to put her children under her wings and protect them, and never gets satisfied that their children are doing well on their own. I fear for their moving
on so fast but I should let them be.

Everytime I watch them at night while tucked in their beds, I see peace and hapiness in them. Their feeling of happiness for the family; great dad and very cool mom. Yes, I am very proud of my children no matter what they will be. However, on the other hand, but and on the contrary, seeing them grow each day, apart from my hapinees and pride, I feel deep sadness. Yes,
I am freaking out.

Moving to their own bedroom is just one step and each day that will come, is a step they will make to their bigger world and deeper meaning of life...going further and further away from me.

I will always walk with them wherever they go and I will always be here waiting for them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home